Saturday, 24 March 2012

Let's go back to the sixties

Yes, I know the sixties has been a major inspiration for fashion houses around the globe, and yes...I also know it's been around for ages now but I just keep succumbing to it! You can't blame me though, the high street's take on this trend is truly genius, there's gorgeous garments spilling out of all the major shops.

This little purchase came as a consolation prize after an online order let me down! So to cheer myself up, I popped into town and picked up this little gem from River Island. At nearly £30 it was very unusual for me to buy such a garment (I'm normally quite stingey! As a student you have to be!) but I have to say, I love it!

 

The dress is navy blue with a cut out piece in the middle, accentuated with daisies stitched around the waist. These little details give the dress a more expensive look, along with the heavier material which ensures it stays neat as a pin on a night out! This dress has definitely become a wardrobe staple for me this spring and I'm sure its gorgeously-simple design will take me through to winter 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice dress ... You have a super nice blog by the way :)

    Just take a look at my blog and follow me if you like maybe also on Bloglovin
    It would be so great ...

    xxx
    Rose
    ------------
    www.sunkissedlovechild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...