Saturday, 22 September 2012

Style Watch: Next - My favourite catwalk pieces


As Autumn draws ever-nearer and the-summer-that-never-was fades into obscurity, I thought it was about time that I popped onto the Next website to see what little gems I could dig up.

Over the summer I've been working as a temporary Sales Assistant in a Next store and ALWAYS find something that I want to buy every time I have a shift! However, my store is only little, so we don't have access to all the lovely clothes in the Next ranges (which is a good thing for my bank balance!), so every few weeks I have a browse on the website so see what I'm missing out on!  

This time I thought I'd set myself a challenge; to pick out the top four items from the website that would take any girl through Autumn/Winter 2012 which hit the big catwalk trends. So here they are! A total mix of items, from a peplum top to a pencil skirt all for under £100. 

The trench coat is bang on for A/W, following the craze for military-inspired pieces. The coat is well structured and a classic design, something akin to the coats seen at Burberry. With a timeless style like this, it's easy to keep up with currents trends but also have a wardrobe staple which will last for years!

Animal print, seen at D&G is my secret obsession and this gorgeous peplum really doesn't disappoint. Originally seen with Mary Katrantzou's gravity-defying dresses (S/S12) and included in on the A/W12 catwalks was the idea of accentuating the hip/waist area. Peplums are perfect for either emphasizing or creating curves! Leopard print in this classic grey and black is a perfect take on a trend which could be spoilt with garish versions of animal skin. 

After the newly-wed Duchess of Cambridge sported her pair of LK Bennett nude heels (a number of times!) The simple style has been big news. This season, the gothic, draconian style, which many argue has been inspired by the latest craze, 50 Shades of Grey (dear lord I hope not!), has modified this classic shoe adding toe caps and, in the case of Next, a seductive metal heel. These shoes are my personal faves, as the look like something off the catwalk for a fraction of the price. The colour also means they're suitable all season and into spring, adding a masculine touch to floaty florals.

Digi-print florals are out and the classic, retro fabrics are in! This skirt is bang on trend, with it's 'midi' style, which is very feminine (think Mad Men!) and it's gorgeous rose print, which again adds a little gothic edge. These prints are modified versions of the S/S12 catwalk collections; designers couldn't part with florals so adapted them with muted colours and pastel shades (think Lana Del Rey and Dirty Dancing!) This skirt is so versatile and a guaranteed bargain buy - this love affair with all things flowery will not be fading anytime soon! 

Hope you enjoy my picks and remember to visit the Next Website here, so you can have your own window shopping sesh! 

Next are also running a blogging competition at the mo - they're looking for a guest blogger for their own site and the winner will receive three outfits of their choice! for more info click here! Get involved people! 

10 comments:

  1. I love the skirt and trench coat! In August I always start to look at the A/W fashions so this is a really helpful post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm so excited for Autumn fashion! :) and thank you :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm too in love with Next and Autumn fashion! x

      Delete
  3. these are some great picks! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) love your blog btw :) xxx

      Delete
  4. hey lovely! I love your style it's so edgy, you look amazing!! I am now following your blog too. I love to find bloggers like you! Thanks for appreciating mine too XOXOX :) I hope we keep in touch!!

    -MayT

    MayT Essentials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) haha I wish I was edgy, it's just a case of throwing things on! :) x

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being a runner up! Love your picks :)
    Am part of the next blogger network too and have started following your blog!

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll take a look at yours now! :) x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...