Monday, 8 October 2012

She wore emeralds in her hair


Jumper: Vintage Monsoon//Skirt: River Island//Shoes: M&S (old)//Bag: Accessorize//
Cuff: ChelseaDoll// Necklace: ASOS

Sorry about the lack of posts recently, I've just moved into my student house (off campus! I'm a second year don't ya know!) So it's all been pretty hectic. If that's not enough, I was a Fresher's Rep for Lancaster's Freshers Week, so basically became a parent to about 10 freshers for the week. It was great fun and I made some lovely new friends, but by Wednesday I'd realised I couldn't hack the party lifestyle that first years lead *cough, cough*

Another apology for the quality of these photos, my new home hasn't got a garden, just a back entry which really isn't the place to take photos, so when my boyf popped round, I forced him to take some pics for me! The light isn't right and the images aren't amazingly clear, but I promise that they'll get better when I've found a decent photo spot.

Anyway, to the outfit. I've never been a fan of green, it's not really my colour and it's never been 'in' long enough to be a shade that I've considered investing in. This season and the next it's sure to be a winner. The return of the parka has led to green, in all it's different tones, gracing the catwalks. My fave shades have to be bottle green or the emerald variety, which will suit practically anyone and are winter-y enough to keep you safe from Summer's neon green looks.

I bought this top last year in a charity shop and I've been wearing it ever since. The elaborate pattern makes the piece bang on trend, mimicking the brocade-style outfits we've seen on the catwalk. I thought I'd pair the jumper with my trusty leather skirt from River Island which I've not had off! The dipped hem is so on trend, but the classic design means it'll stay in my wardrobe for years!

I dressed the look up with these heels and the gold cuff, but you could easily pair the pieces with boots, vans or flats, a messy updo, parka and tights for a off-duty winter look.

Hope you've all been keeping up with my Heart & Sole campaign, with my blogging gals, the last post is due to come out next week along with some other outfit posts. Keep a look out!

Love

8 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit, I really like the top and the bag!
    I have a very similar skirt and have to stop myself wearing it everyday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so into the 'leather' trend now, I'm terrible with mine, it's like I'm ignoring the rest of my wardrobe! x

      Delete
  2. I love the jumper and skirt, great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is so sweet, and so grown up. i love the top! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you :) the top was a good find! x

      Delete
  4. I think I am in love with your bag! was great to meet you today! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) So lovely to meet you too! xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...