Saturday, 5 January 2013

Oh I do like to be beside the sea...

Top: Mango//Jeans: Charity shop//Shoes: River Island// Necklace: Spanish market//
Bracelets: thrifted//Watch: Next.

I'm guessing by now that you've worked out the absence of posts (unlike me) is pretty unusual. Well, I was actually away over the Christmas period, sunning myself in Fuerteventura (lucky me!) Me and the fam always have a holiday abroad in December instead of doing the traditional British summer hol thing. My dad HATES cold weather, so I'm always the one rocking a tan at the wrong time of year!

Ours was a typical beachy holiday and this meant evenings out were tres casual, so I stuck to jeans and  invested in this gorgeous blouse from Mango. Top itself is a gorgeous muted grey/blue colour and is lined with a similar colour chiffon so that you don't get the awkward underarm bra strap which always seems to show on low cut tops. It always really annoys me and, if I'm not feeling brave, I always pop a bandeau on underneath. This Mango lovely solves that problem and I've been wearing it way too much!

I teamed the look with the fab collar necklace which I picked up at a local market, I love finding bargains abroad and think it's so important to buy local, helping you find unique pieces for affordable prices. Some of my best jewellery finds are from abroad and I always make sure to check out local flea markets at least once on my hols - this time I bought two necklaces, seven rings and two bracelets, all for under 20 euros! I know that at times I struggle in the U.K to find accessories for under 20 quid, never mind eleven items.

What did you do over Christmas? Do you buy local when abroad?

6 comments:

  1. So jealous of your holiday, looks gorgeous! I love jewellery shopping at markets on holiday - you always find great stuff for way cheaper than at home. 11 items for under 20 euro is pretty sweet! xx

    kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was so relaxing. I've promised myself that I'll learn to surf next year! Yeah, you always end up with fab finds which are lovely keepsakes :) xx

      Delete
  2. That necklace is so pretty, I also love jewellery pieces that I collect from when I go on holiday! Great top from mango xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your necklace and shoes! Jealous of your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it was such a nice break :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...