Wednesday, 6 February 2013

I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien


Dress: Topshop (Charity shop)// Boots: Dena & Ozzy//
Cuff (just seen) Chelsea Doll// Ear cuff: ASOS

So here's an outfit post from the depths of my room at Uni! After trying loads of different areas of my room, I decided that my huge wardrobes were the best background for my pics. (I've not been brave enough to ask my uni friends to take photos of me, feel that's a little OTT!)

I picked up this dress in town yesterday whilst having a cheeky charity shop sesh with my lovely pal Christina. I have to admit, you would never expect to find the gems I've snapped up in Lancaster, but I warn you looks can be deceiving and this little city really does have some fabulously stylish people (who buy lots of clothes!).

This iridescent beauty was at the back of the rail in Age UK and, to be honest, on the hanger it didn't do much for me. Chrissie convinced me to try it on and, although it's a little figure-hugging, I fell for the material and the gorgeous back piece you can see in my last photo. Also, it had all of the Topshop labels still attached and was only £6, it would've been really rude to say no...

I have to admit that I do feel a little bit like Leeloo from 5th Element (If you've not seen it, then it's a brilliant sci-fi film with Bruce Willis in, get it watched!) and the Chelsea Doll cuff definitely makes the outfit.

I wouldn't suggest such an ensemble for Sunday lunch with your folks, you might get a few looks from regulars, however it's definitely an outfit for clubbing which is very on trend for S/S 13.

With Balenciaga's statement sci fi jumper being worn by the fashion elite and Jonathan Saunders experimenting with holographic and unusually textures fabrics, now is the time to let your alien out.

Do you like the sci-fi look? What've you bought to channel this new trend?

14 comments:

  1. I love your dress :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the outfit. So unique :) x

    <3 Adi
    My blog - Coffee. Beauty. Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, what a find! I have to admit to being desperate to trawl the charity shops of Liverpool but I won't do it alone! And Leeloo is my faaaaave! Mul-ti-pass!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Liverpool's charity shops are amazing - I'd recommend a visit! x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dress! I love charity shops x

    www.beths1986.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, they're a brilliant place to find great bargains! X

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute outfit. Love the colours on the dress. Great find :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...