Wednesday, 9 July 2014

All the Day and All of the Night

University is finally at an end and I can get back to blogging. The last post I wrote for Hemlines&Holdups was in April and time has flown since then. I've sat my exams and got my results (2.1 in case you're wondering - yippie!) and graduation is just around the corner. Another week and I'll be starting work in Manchester as a Junior Account Executive and life as a fully-fledged real grown up. Although I'm gutted to leave Lancaster and the student bubble, life is currently very busy and pretty exciting, so I've not had too much time to dwell on my fading youth (sigh), which I guess is a good thing.

Although I'm heading into work, I wont be making the transition to Joseph blouses, cigarette trousers and 'less is more' just yet. In fact, a friend told me recently that my wardrobe was severely lacking colour. Even though I tried to ignore this annoying, yet irrevocably true fact, it's got under my newly-sun tanned skin and I'm going to have to do something about it. Therefore, subconsciously or not I've been adding a little more colour to my wardrobe, slowly breaking up the blacks, navy blues and greys. Anyhow, in the spirit of rainbow hues, I thought I'd share my last little project as Fashion Editor of the student newspaper with you. Lancaster University's SCAN (Student, Comment and News) Fashion section has been my baby for the last year and probably explains my blogging hiatus. Juggling the bi-weekly publication and a dissertation is a mean feat, so unfortunately something had to give. However, my time as editor is at an end (sob) but the last project was truly exciting. 

With the help of a few vintage shops in Lancaster and the wonderful photographic genius that is Mae Reddaway, I put together a photo shoot on campus to celebrate the university's 50th Anniversary. Opened in 1964, the concept behind the shoot was everything '60s and I just love the result of the team's hard work. 

   
Photos c/o Mae Reddaway 

For a peek at the other snaps, take a look at the SCAN website

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...