Monday, 14 July 2014

Ripped knees and Jungle themed

Top: New Look// Jeans: ASOS// Shoes: New Look// Necklace: Next (Photos c/o Mae Reddaway)
It was pretty dull outside the day these photos were taken, so I decided to try and brighten things up by wearing a couple of new purchases from New Look. I've always shopped in the store, but it's definitely become a firm favourite of late as New Look's collections become increasingly wearable and hit all the trends head on. As I've explained previously, I'm attempting to inject a little more colour into my wardrobe and this parrot print top has been a god send. The print, reminiscent of Moncler Gamme Rouge's SS14 collection brings a little joy to any wardrobe and the button down front makes this such an easy to wear piece. On my recent holiday I unbuttoned it and used it as a cami style cover up, on top of a plain navy blue vest top.

Whilst shopping, I couldn't resist these amazing shoes, I've always longed for a pair of white heels which I could actually walk in. Don't get me wrong, I'm a dab hand with heels, but being 5'8 I try not to tower over everyone in four inch monsters. These practical shoes are perfect for everyday and look sweet with dresses or jeans - I even tackled Lancaster cobbles in them (and won!)

The jeans are one of my favourite purchases of the moment. EVERYONE is wearing ripped knee jeans. Formerly the choice of stylists or the Olsen twins, since they landed in Toppers, ripped knees have become this season's trouser. I love the skintight look of the ripped knees on the high street, however they weren't the most versatile trew I've worn, so I was delighted to find these ASOS beauts on ebay for a cheeky ten quid.

Having not exercised for a while (Any Nantwich Netball teams around?) I really appreciate the high waisted style of these jeans and the mottled blue dye goes with pretty much everything. Although I'm a bit of a cheap skate when it comes to clothes, I'd have definitely purchased these at any price, I've worn and worn them already, making these beauts a bit of a bargain.

Back in Lancaster for graduation this week - more photos to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...