Saturday, 26 July 2014

Check mate

Top: New Look// Skirt: New Look// Shoes: Nike// Clutch: Fashion Union// Necklace: vintage
Photos c/o Mae Reddaway

I started my new job as an Account Executive for a Marketing Agency this week. Barr the 6am starts, I've been loving the new Manchester life, the work and the working week. Now I'm officially an adult, I've been drinking fresh juices on the morning commute, doing smart/casual office wear and trying to grow up. It's going well so far, I'm trying to model myself of Carrie from SATC although I guess that means I'm building myself up to fail. 

My only problem is the cost of travelling in each day, so if any of you know anyone living in Manchester who needs a flatmate, let me know. After a few months I'll be starting the 'flat hunt', but I'll have to find somewhere with a big enough wardrobe for all my clothes! (just kidding)

This is an outfit the lovely Mae snapped for me before I left uni (sob) and although it's pretty basic, I think it's spot on for evening wear with all this hot weather we've been having. The skirt has been a staple for me since May, but I think it can work from day to night, just make sure you contrast its close style with a long shirt or tunic style top. I've been wearing it with a drop vest style top in the day and sling back espadrilles (which I'll feature in my next outfit post).

I love the trainer trend which has stubbornly stayed on trend since last year, I've been wearing my beloved Nikes when I can, they go brilliantly with dresses, cut offs and ankle grazer jeans. I'll keep you updated on my work wear diary, I'm looking for a photographer in Manchester to snap me once a week, so if any of you out there know any lovely DSLR-using photographers, please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...