Thursday, 20 September 2012

Maoohsive D.I.Y post!

So I've been busy with dieing and shizz and put together a lovely post for you all about my little D.I.Y adventures!

Recently, I've been preparing myself and my overflowing wardrobe for uni by having a massive clearout. I filled nearly two bin bags with clothes that either didn't fit me, or that I just didn't want anymore. As you know, I'm a bit of a charity shop lover so loads of my clothes were bought on a few hauls, which meant they were pretty cheap, so I wasn't bothered about sending them back to charity. However, there were a few bits in my wardrobe that I liked but really didn't suit me, so I turned to my dye sachets and slight alterations to them up.

I had two different tops that I wanted to dye. One jumper, a particularly fetching mustard yellow colour and another cream lovely which, with my yellowy skin tone looked awful on. So, after buying some Navy Blue dye, I dyed the jumper all over, whilst I thought I'd try a tie dye for other top.



To create the tie dye effect I squashed the top into a ball and layered elastic bands across the top at different angles - the more bands you add, the more patterns that will appear on the top!


I then got busy with my dye. If you wanna see the method have a look at my last post on dieing, here, but remember to keep the pieces in the dye for the effect that I've achieved on the tops below! After about an hour, take the tops out of the dye and wash thoroughly with cold water. When the water starts to run clear you know your dye has been successful! I then popped the bands off my tie-dye top and hung it, along with my jumper out to dry!




As an add on I thought I'd popp some spikes onto my green jumper, which I found browsing Ebay the other week. They were around £2.99 for 100 and I felt that, by adding them to the jumper, I'd create a jumper that was bang-on trend for the Military look which is big for A/W 12.



The studs were really easy to add to the jumper, I just folded the sharp tips underneath themselves when attached to the material. For extra security, I superglued each stud to the top too!

As I had some extra studs left, I cut up some old bootcut Levi jeans and added studs to create some grunge, 90's style shorts!

Have a look at my post above for the finished pieces!

Lots'a love



2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I am loving your style!! this is a great diy, that tee turned out great!
    Happy to be your newest follower!! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alice! You've got me to 80 followers :) I was so surprised how easy it was!

      xxx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...