Sunday, 24 March 2013

Power dressing like a pro

Dress: Vintage// Handbag: Vintage// Shoes: Zara// Chain: Thrifted

I've been lacking the motivation to blog this week, so apologies for the lack of posts! I feel like it could be something to do with the 12,500 words-worth of essays that I had to hand in on Friday and therefore the diet of energy drinks and junk food that I'd been surviving on for a couple of weeks to get the essays done. Unfortunately, I've found that a horrible side affect of this diet is the penchant for wine that slowly develops; the lady at the corner shop near my uni house now knows me as 'wine girl' and has taken to commenting on my choice of plonk. This relationship really isn't healthy and I honestly wouldn't recommend 'buying local' when it comes to booze! 

Anyhoo, I'm home for Easter (yay!) and felt today that it was perfectly acceptable to rummage through mum's fabulous wardrobe to find some gems. This amazing velvet emerald-coloured dress was alongside some other gorgeous vintage pieces which my mum rocked back in the day; it's been hidden away for so long that I thought I'd give it an airing, dress up as Patsy from Ab Fab (sans cigarette and bouffant hair) and take some pics in the frrrreezing cold!

Recently, I've been very 'charity shop and vintage heavy' post-wise and I am conscious that the high street really isn't 'bigged-up' enough on here. Well, I PROMISE that when I can schedule a shopping spree in I shall throw money at clothes... (standard Heidi behaviour really.)

p.s. I know my hair looks AWFUL at the minute, but I know my lovely hairdresser would go crazy if I let anyone else touch it, so I'm wearing exuberant hats until my appointment in the next week or so. 


3 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! Beautiful dress :)

    Inês xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmagoshhh - this dress is GORGEOUS. Love it!

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress. You look amazing!

    www.fashitupandtalkitout.blogspot.co.uk

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...