Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Do it like a Tenenbaum


This post is a little different from my normal rambles about on-trend fashion, I've decided to mix it up a bit and showcase my recent attempt at fancy dress. My housemate Hannah celebrated her twentieth birthday with a house party which saw all our friends get a bit wild. The theme was film characters, so my housemate Ben and I decided to channel classic Wes Anderson by donning the appropriate headgear - his a sweatband and mine a very blonde wig, and dressing as Margot and Richie from the Royal Tenenbaums.

Ben is a huge fan of Anderson, whereas I'm a little more skeptical when it comes to independent film, however I've always loved the Royal Tenenbaums and hey, it's always nice to be a little hipster for a day. 

The outfits were relatively simple to put together, Ben was a vision in camel and I found odds and ends using ebay, etsy and having a rummage in the local charity shops. The tennis dress was the hardest piece to get hold of - Lacoste and Fred Perry give all 'wannabe Margots' a headache with their dresses which, although stylish cost more money than Royal owes the Lindbergh Palace Hotel (film nerds take note). 

I finally settled on this lovely number (yep cream definitely isn't my colour, but nothing that a bottle of Garnier's finest tan a.k.a Midas juice couldn't solve) from Merc, a lovely little site which has some amazing tennis dresses and sixties shifts. I was in desperate need of this dress and customer services were so helpful, guaranteeing that it would arrive in time for the partayyy! 

Although my look is no match for the dewy-skinned Paltrow, I do like the overall outcome! What do you think?

I'm busy busy busy this week, but after another parcel from the lovely people at Get the Label I'm sure another blog post will appear in your feeds very soon! 

TTFN 

3 comments:

  1. Willow Lane is no 111 Archer Avenue. Thats for certain. Though you look lovely dear x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you both look great! Its a surprisingly good look ;)

    Kylie x
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...