Sunday, 2 June 2013

Refined psychedelia

Dress: Rare (GetTheLabel)*// Shoes: New Look// Bag: h&m// Fur Stole: Accessorize

Exams are over! I am so relieved that they're all done and dusted, but so sad that second year is coming to an end. I've been living in my student house since October and it honestly feels like ten minutes. After this year I can truly understand why people look back on student life wistfully, I don't think I ever want to leave! 

Anyhoo, as I mentioned in my last post, I was invited along to the Get The Label blogger party last month, the event was such a success and, as well as meeting some lovely new bloggers, Get The Label offered to send me a few of their new season pieces to review. I was immediately drawn to this gorgeous lace shift dress from Rare. I've been dying to find the perfect little black dress for summer - all of my current ones are body con and too hot for a night out in June! The dress is such good quality and comes with a brown belt which you can pop on for a look more suitable to daytime. 

I thought for a treat I'd get dressed up and paired it with my lovely 60's wedges from New Look, which I'm a little bit in love with, and this gorgeous oil-slick style envelope clutch from h&m which I snapped up in the sale over Easter. With all the sunshine we've been having, my fur collar is a tad unnecessary, but I finally got to see Gatsby on Friday night so I thought I'd add a little glamour to the look! (I think sans collar would more suitable for a student night in Lancaster, it's a little more MIC than LA1!) 

Over the next few weeks I'll be popping up some more Get The Label posts as well as my usual thrifed styles. Although a few of the pieces have been sent to me for review I have to admit I've become a little addicted to the Get The Label site due to its very affordable collections, so I've made a couple of purchases of my very own too!

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress! It looks great with your stole, I keep forgetting I have one too...I might go dig it out! Fingers crossed this sunny weather will continue so we won't need them.

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...