Sunday, 28 July 2013

And we'll remain connected as you're reading out loud



Dress: H&M (S/S12)//Shoes: Urban Outfitters//Necklace & Bangles: vintage/Belt: vintage

I'm not a fan of maxi dresses. There I said it. I know this confession is some sort of blasphemy in our maxi-mad world, but being quite tall, not being a lithe CK model and not being the owner of a fabulous 'rack' I have to admit that they don't look great on me. This one has been sat in my wardrobe for many a moon, becoming a sort of dust sheet or protective cover for my other clothes. I've been avoiding it for so long, but unfortunately this ridiculously hot weather means that my normal summer staples have been worn and worn, so in desperation I've turned to this. 

I know the look isn't something you'd throw on for the shops, but for drinks or dinner in the evening I have to say it's not as horrible as I envisaged. I couldn't cope with the fabric hanging loose, I'm quite curvy so the belt helps to accentuate my best bit and hide my tummy (the lack of exercise I've had this summer is frankly disgusting; slobbing out in the sun with a beer so much more appealing than a jog!) and these gorgeous heels (Urban Outfitters sale £30 quid - bargain!) help posture-wise, leaving me laughing in the face of the humble control pants (celebratory chocs and wine time).

My accessories are all vintage finds and the belt has been stolen from mum (got to the love free vintage goodies from the parents!) 

I'm currently up in Leicester for the start of my two week work placement with Next HQ - wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting guys, I respond to all my comments, so thank you for taking the time to write to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...